- Restarting face to face bridge after lockdown- I carelessly typed “restarting bridge after lockdown” but quickly corrected myself. While the pandemic has had many tragic consequences, bridge has been a fantastic pastime for lockdown and enormous energy from the bridge community has gone into the online game, with new and improved bridge platforms, help for members who struggle a bit with the … Continue reading "Restarting face to face bridge after lockdown"
- Half a year of lockdown: Getting clubs and club members playing online- The bridge world has been shaken to its roots by the COVID-19 pandemic with most of our clubs (there are a few brave exceptions) unable to meet face to face since the second half of March this year. That said, the response of the bridge community has been energetic and heartening, with many players refusing … Continue reading "Half a year of lockdown: Getting clubs and club members playing online"
- The English Bridge School: helping to get bridge teaching online- Last week EBED (the bridge development charity supported by the EBU) launched the English Bridge School (EBS), a new resource for teaching bridge online. What is the English Bridge School? In a nutshell, it is a bundle of tools that will help bridge teachers transition from teaching in clubs, halls or living rooms, to teaching … Continue reading "The English Bridge School: helping to get bridge teaching online"
Why membership development?
The English Bridge Union has developed this site as a resource centre for clubs who wish to increase their membership, and to encourage more clubs to do so.
Bridge is a fantastic game but in the Internet era we need to take action to keep the game vibrant and healthy for the future.
On this site you will find:
- Information on how to run a membership campaign for your club
- Bridge teaching resources and help on how to bring people from lessons, to intermediate sessions, and to full club sessions
- Templates, images and photos for use in publicity material
- Data exploring the demographics of Bridge and why clubs are under threat
- Blog with news and updates on membership campaigns around the country
This is a new resource and we welcome feedback. Please contact us with questions or suggestions.