- Building club membership following lockdown: resources- Between April 2020 and around the end of January 2022, with a respite of sorts between July and December 2021, the UK had restrictions on public gathering which impacted bridge clubs. The consequences for bridge were not all bad: there was a boom in online bridge platforms and much bridge was played while people were … Continue reading "Building club membership following lockdown: resources"
- Don’t miss our online seminar on Building club membership- We are holding an online seminar, open free of charge to all EBU clubs, on Wednesday 27 June at 10.00am. We have a lot to share about how to build club membership; if you would like to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your club, and you would be most welcome. 1. Introduction and Welcome (Gordon Rainsford, … Continue reading "Don’t miss our online seminar on Building club membership"
- Restarting face to face bridge after lockdown- I carelessly typed “restarting bridge after lockdown” but quickly corrected myself. While the pandemic has had many tragic consequences, bridge has been a fantastic pastime for lockdown and enormous energy from the bridge community has gone into the online game, with new and improved bridge platforms, help for members who struggle a bit with the … Continue reading "Restarting face to face bridge after lockdown"
Why membership development?
The English Bridge Union has developed this site as a resource centre for clubs who wish to increase their membership, and to encourage more clubs to do so.
Bridge is a fantastic game but in the Internet era we need to take action to keep the game vibrant and healthy for the future.
On this site you will find:
- Information on how to run a membership campaign for your club
- Bridge teaching resources and help on how to bring people from lessons, to intermediate sessions, and to full club sessions
- Templates, images and photos for use in publicity material
- Data exploring the demographics of Bridge and why clubs are under threat
- Blog with news and updates on membership campaigns around the country
This is a new resource and we welcome feedback. Please contact us with questions or suggestions.